I love pumpkin spice but haven’t tried it in a latte.
The weather is getting cooler which means cozy and hot bevvies are making their way back! “Pumpkin spiced” everything seems to be quite popular during the Fall season and to be honest as much as I enjoy a delicious pumpkin pie, I’ve always been a little skeptical of infusing my coffee with pumpkin.
With the launch of Nespresso’s Limited Edition BARISTA collection which has been specially crafted to enjoy with milk, I obviously took the opportunity to attempt my very own homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte. And let’s just say… I think I’m hooked!
I must admit that this Limited Edition Nespresso BARISTA collection (available in both VertuoLine and OriginalLine) is by far one of my favourites (the Vintage collection is a close second). The three capsule releases – Chiaro (intensity 5), Scuro (intensity 7), and Corto (intensity 11 and only in OriginalLine), have varying intensities and pairs exceptionally well with milk or milk froth.
For those of you who prefer coffee with milk (like myself), this collection provides the best combination of acidity, bitterness, body and aromas for your cup of latte or cappuccino.
Nespresso Pumpkin Spice Latte RecipePrint This
- 2 Nespresso VertuoLine BARISTA capsules (I prefer the Scuro)
- 2 cups milk – feel free to swap for non-diary option such as coconut or almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoon of pumpkin puree (either canned or fresh) – I used the canned pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoon of sugar (or you can substitute this with maple syrup/agave/honey as well)
- 2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice and additional for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, sugar (or substitute) in a small sauce pan over medium heat
- While the creamer is simmering, brew two cups of Nespresso coffee
- Take creamer off heat once it is hot and whisk in the rest of the ingredients
- Store creamer in a jar (can be kept in fridge for a 3 days)
- Pour in creamer (as little or as much as you like) into each cup of coffee
- Top with whip cream and more pumpkin spice and serve hot
This recipe is super easy and approachable and the best part is that you can make the creamer ahead of time and store it for later use. I used 2 tablespoon of pumpkin puree on my first try and it offers a nice infusion of pumpkin flavor. If you’re looking for a more intense flavour, I recommend adding another spoonful.
To kick off the start of the cooler season, I’ve partnered with Nespresso to give away one Citiz & Milk machine!!! All you have to do is follow the instructions and enter the contest by using the widget below.
One lucky reader will win a Nespresso Citiz & Milk Machine valued at over $300. Enter the draw by using the WIDGET below. Contest is open from Sept 13, 2017 12:00 a.m. EST to Sept 20, 2017 12:00 a.m. EST. This contest is opened to Canadian Residents only with the exclusion of Quebec.
+1 entry by Liking My Little Secrets on Facebook
+5 entries by Following My Little Secrets on Instagram
+5 entries by Following Nespresso Canada’s new Instagram Page
+5 entries when you tweet/retweet this giveaway
+5 entries by commenting and sharing what your favourite hot coffee beverage is!
Enter the draw by using the widget below.
And be sure to pick up this limited edition before it runs out!