I fell in love with Oscar de la Renta’s Rose Necklace when I saw it on video from their Spring/Summer 2013 collection runway show last year (which is now available for sale). In addition, after seeing J.Crew’s Beaded Rose Necklace in their current Spring/Summer season, I just couldn’t resist but to try a version of my own.
1. Trim the gold chain to desired length and attach the closure to it. Then position the roses around the chain. The spacing is entirely dependent on your own preference. If I had found larger roses I would have placed them even close together (similar to the J.Crew option).
2. Start from the middle section, take one rose and apply a dab of E-6000 glue to the backing (read instructions for use if this is your first time).
3. Adhere the chain to the back of the rose as shown below. Apply additional glue on top of the chain, this will make sure you have enough to secure the rose to the chain.
4. Continue the same step with remaining roses.
5. Let the necklace dry for at least 2 hours. Once dry and the roses feel 100% affixed to the chain, glue a loose rhinestone to the center of each rose.
6. Wait for necklace to dry over night.
Final product!!! I paired mine with a white blouse and jeans. A necklace like this deserves the spot light, so don’t over power with too many other accessories. I love how Oscar de la Renta paired their white version with a striped gown, I would LOVE to wear that combo. Perhaps I will try a white version for the upcoming wedding season!
The possibilities are endless for this DIY. You can try different color combinations, on a necklace, on a bracelet, and earring studs (I actually made a pair with tiny rose beads – see on my instagram).
What do you think?! Please share your comments below! I hope you will try your own!
Oh ya, if you haven’t entered my exclusive fragrance giveaway from Narciso Rodriguez, please do! Contest ends Feb 18!
I’ve only begun making necklaces & earrings; this is beautiful & you could use different colours of roses or pansies (if found large enough). Thank you for sharing this project.
Looks awesome. I recently made a similar necklace but a different way. Yours looks great.
Such a cool DIY and so pretty too! I wanna try it!
What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of rose crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/rose-crafts/
Have a great day!