Another DIY project inspired by one of my favourites – Anthropologie (see my last Anthro inspired DIY Heart Print Jean project). I saw this Sparkling Strands Wrap Watch and I had to try it myself! I also liked the fact that I was able to refashion my old watch that I haven’t worn in years, a great way to update one you already have tucked away.
I hope you like it and please share if you make your own version!
- A watch, with watch straps removed
- Rhinestone Trim/Chain – measured to suit your wrist size. You can find a roll of rhinestone here for
- Rhinestone chain ends
- Jump rings
- Lobster Clamp and closure
1. Start by measuring how long of a rhinestone trim you need by putting your watch centered on your wrist then measure from the end of the watch center to the other side of your wrist. Trim 4 rhinestone strands of the same length.
2. Affix a rhinestone chain end with plyers to each of the rhinestone ends (2 ends for each strand, making a total of 8)
3. Attach a jump ring to your watch body to one end of the rhinestone chain, repeat for all 4 strands.
4. Continue by attaching a large lobster clasp closure ring through all remaining rhinestone ends.
5. Repeat the same steps on the other side of the watch, but use double the length for each rhinestone strand so that it can wrap around your wrist twice.
6. When all strands are attached to the watch, attach the lobster clasp to it.
There you have it!!! Final result!
It serves as a bracelet and a watch!