Bedazzling a pair of shoes has always been on my list of DIY projects to accomplish. Michelle, my boyfriend’s sister gave me the perfect opportunity when she handed me a pair of her new heels and said, “here, do something with these!”
I’ve seen several awesome DIY Jeweled Heel projects, my fav is this from HonestlyWTF. However, I was inspired while browsing through Patricia Chang’s Spring/Summer collection (btw I LOVE HER! Robots and bling, why not?!), where one of her models was wearing a pair of heels with the platforms embellished. So here you have it, my version, I hope you like!
Keep reading for step by step easy DIY instructions!
- A pair of high heels with a platform. The ones I used were suede, great for the glue.
- E-6000 glue – you can buy here
- A tooth pick or wooden skewer
- Assorted flat back jewels, bought my box set from Michael’s.
1. Apply a thin layer of glue to the platform of your shoe one section at a time. I worked in about an inch section. I also used my skewer stick to smooth out the glue.
2. Put a few jewels of different sizes. Don’t worry too too much about the order of the, I was very random with mine but did use smaller sized ones to fill in any gaps.
3. Continue working your way down to the end of one side, using your toothpick or skewer to smooth out glue clumps. The glue doesn’t dry right away so no need to move too too quickly.
4. Fill in gaps with the smallest sized jewel possible, so that there too many ‘holes’.
DRYING TIME: When you’re done with one side of one shoe, proceed to the other shoe first before moving to the opposite side of the same shoe, this will prevent the jewels from moving around if you decide to push the edge of the shoe against your working surface. Wait for the one side to dry of both shoes for at least 2 hours, then proceed to the other side of both shoes.
Wait 24 HOURS before putting your sparkly shoes on!
BLING BLING! Close up shot!
Super cute and super wearable!
What do you think?! I hope you liked this week’s DIY Project.
As always please share your version and comments below or on my Facebook page! If you love this project, remember to RE-PIN it from my Pinterest page!
Hope you’re having a splendid hump day! 🙂
What’s up, just wanted to tell you, I loved this article.
It was practical. Keep on posting!