I’ve always been a fan of Gladiator style sandals. I remember when I visited Greece last year, I saw a huge variety of styles. Athens and Santorini offered styles that reminded me of ancient Greece meanwhile, on the swanky island of Mykonos, boutiques were carrying sandals that were embellished with colour beading, fringes, pom pom trims, and tassels.
I’ve been seeing a variety of embellished styles pop up all over Instagram, most of them, designed and decorated by talented artists and fashionistas. So naturally, I had to attempt a pair myself. I picked up these gold Gladiator Sandals from LE CHATEAU last month and finally had the chance to embellish them!
Read further to see what items I used to make these DIY Tasseled Gladiator Sandals.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Gladiator Sandals (on sale for less than $30) c/o LE CHATEAU
- Assorted embellishments (I purchased assorted tasseled and beaded earrings that were on sale for $1 and $3 at H&M)
- Jump rings
- Using pliers remove unnecessary parts from your accessories such as earring hoops and affix jump rings large enough to loop through that ties of your sandals
- Repeat steps until you’ve prepped all your accessories
- Decorate your sandals as you desire and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial! The great thing is that you can interchange or remove the embellishments to your sandals! I’ve seen a lot of pom pom sandals lately too, that might just be next on the list.
Fantastic! Great idea and they look awesome.