Happy Good Friday! Every year when Easter approaches, the house is stocked with loads of (unnecessary but delicious) chocolates. Cadbury mini eggs has got to be my all-time favourite. But after purchasing a jumbo bag of it last weekend, I decided it was likely wise to find different ways to enjoy and share them!
Most of you know I’m not a baker at heart, but damn, do I like a good food hack! I brought home some ready made glazed donuts and gave them a delicious and pretty face lift just in time for all the Easter celebrations.
These pastel Easter donuts will only take you a few minutes, and they look oh so fitting for your Easter brunch!
Decorated Pastel Easter DonutsPrint This
- half dozen store bought donuts (or feel free to bake your own)
- vanilla cake frosting
- Cadbury mini chocolate eggs
- edible flowers (I used dried rose petals)
- dried lavender
- red food colouring
- Lay the donuts out flat on a working surface
- Divide some vanilla frosting into a bowl
- Mix in a few drops of red food colouring to make the vanilla frosting pink in colour. You can adjust the amount of food colouring depending on how light or dark you want it. I recommend starting with a couple of drops first, the colouring is very concentrated!
- To crush the pistachios and mini eggs into broken pieces, don’t use a knife and cutting board, this method is not so fun! Instead place a handful of pistachios and mini eggs into two separate ziplock bags and crush them with a hard utensil/bottle/pounder
- Spread the pink icing onto of half the donuts and plain vanilla frosting on the other half
- Decorate them as you please! I combined mini eggs with sprinkles of dried lavender on vanilla frosting, and pistachios and dried roses on pink icing
If you prefer to bake the donuts from scratch, don’t let me stop you! Hope you like this easy peasy Easter donut food hack! If you like this, please share the link with a friend!