Early last week I introduced and reviewed a DIY at Home Gel Manicure option – Red Carpet Manicure I have to say, the polish stayed on for over a week with no visible chips but I think my application job wasn’t top notch, so abit of the polish started chipping away and then I eventually had busy hands and peeled the polish off one nail LOL. Over all though, I am still LOVING this product.
**TIP: I would recommend trying to apply as thin of a layer as you can, this will help with keeping the gel polish lasting longer on your nails.**
Since I shared how I applied this super easy at home option, thought I’d share my step by step on removing gel (shellac) polish at home.
These exact steps can be applied to gel (shellac) you had done at the salon!
- Tin foil cut into 2 inche squares
- Cotton pads or cotton balls
- Paper towel to line your working surface
- Red Carpet Manicure Erase solution OR strong Acetone bought at beauty supplies store for nail polish removal
- Nail file
1. File nails with the rough edge of a nail file to remove the shine from the polish.
2. Break up cotton pad/balls into small chunks (the size of your nail bed)
3. Soak the cotton pads/balls with Red Carpet Manicure Erase solution or Acetone and apply to one nail.
4. Wrap nail with tin foil securing the cotton in place.
5. Repeat for all nails.
6. Wait 10-15 minutes and nail polish will lift off from nails.
7. Take a cuticle stick or end of your file and lightly scrape the polish off.
8. Wash your hanks, finish off by applying cuticle oil to your nails and moisturize.
Remember to check out Red Carpet Manicure and let me know what you think!