Every Christmas, my closest girlfriends and I get together for our annual Christmas gift exchange. This year, we continued our tradition of Secret Santa (stealing version!) But I thought I’d also surprise each of them with something handmade – therefore I made each of them a DIY Delicate Two Strand Spike Necklace. This DIY necklace is simple, elegant, and depending on what charm you find, it can add some spunk to your outfit.
- Two chain necklaces of equal length
- Two crystal spike charms (you can also replace with charm of your choice)
- Jump rings (make sure the size of your jump rings fit your chain, I made the mistake of purchasing ones that didn’t fit through the links of my chain and had to go back and buy more!)
1. Start by removing both closure end from ONE chain (this will act as your lower strand) and only one of the closure from one end of a the other chain with plyers.
2. Feed your charm through the chain with one closure end removed and then attach the closure back onto the chain. This is now the first strand of the necklace (the shorter one).
3. Tape the necklace onto your working surface as shown in the picture below. This is to help you center the necklace and connect the second strand onto the existing necklace.
4. I measured approximately 4.5 inches down from the closure end I taped onto my working surface and attached a jump ring along with the closure-less chain.
5. Repeat this same step on the adjacent side of the taped chain, ensure the two sides appear to be even.
Voila! I ended up making a rose gold version as well.
I also wrapped each necklace in tissue paper 🙂 My girlfriends were delighted to receive these.
I hope you’re enjoying all your festive gatherings so far! I had the bestest time with my friends last night, started with some trampoline jumping at Skyzone, followed by dinner, gift exchange, and ended with a great night of singing!
Thanks for stopping by!