Lately I’ve been inspired by golden tones. Perhaps it is due to the summer rays – giving me the natural golden touch. I love accessorizing with gold especially when summer attire seems to lean towards a more laid back and casual style. Adding gold makes any outfit feel more glamorous, rich and decadent. Of course if you go overboard, you may look like walking molten lava!
A few of my most recent favourite golden accessories include a vanilla cream-coloured croc purse with golden hardware, a recent DIY Gold Beaded Necklace creation (cost less than $5.00!), and a simple black stiletto sandal plated with gold at the back. These items would work well with a black and white short suit, a V-neck t-shirt and slightly torn jeans, or with a silk printed dress. Come to think of it, the possibilities are endless and anything goes!
If you’ve been following me on Instagram lately, you’ll see that I’ve posted several photos inspired by golden tones. Hopefully you’ll feel inspired, too, and add a few golden touches to your own closet! If you’re looking for more gold inspirations – search #GoldenTouch on Instagram to find more photos!
A few of my “Go Gold” Tips:
• Accessorize gold with a simple colour palette – i.e. White and Black, Monotone (shades of the same colour)
• If you are accessorizing gold with multiple colours, stick to one single multi-coloured print i.e. floral or paisley
• Multiple shades of gold on arm swag is good, but clothing is bad
• Pick one statement piece at a time
• Invest in good quality hardware (avoids gold colour from fading or changing over time)
• DIY something gold! What is your summer wardrobe inspired by lately?
Of course, if you want to try your own version of a DIY Gold Beaded Necklace, here’s my post with full instructions – enjoy!
Magnum Gold?! is rich vanilla bean ice cream with a sea salt caramel swirl, dipped in a golden coating made with thick Belgian Chocolate. New Magnum Gold?! As good as Gold.