To prepare for Thanksgiving this year, I want to show you just how simple it is to create your own modern centerpiece and table setting that is both suitable for the Thanksgiving holiday and further into the winter season.
Traditionally, when you think of decorating for Thanksgiving, you think of Fall colours such as reds, oranges, and browns, and of course items such as apples and pumpkins! For my own tablescape this year, I decided to go with modern home decor items and a classic fresh floral centerpiece made up of warm and cool hues of ivory and white. I also transformed this Pumpkin Soup Tureen from Chapters Indigo into the focal point of my tablescape, what do you think?!
I’ve prepared an easy shopping guide from some great merchants at the Manulife Centre, be sure to check them out!
Read further to see how you can accomplish a similar style for your Thanksgiving gathering!
Preparation List for a Modern Thanksgiving Tablescape
1. Champagne: Always a treat to greet family and friends with a nice bottle of bubbly. One of my most favourite champagne is by far Veuve Clicquot Brut, this one comes with a super cute Mailbox perfect as a gift too from LCBO.
2. Fresh Blooms: I love having fresh flowers at home. I picked up a selection of white and ivory stems from Bloor Street Market to arrange a modern and feminine floral center piece.
3. Tabletop and Entertaining: I absolutely love the assortment of dining table decorative items at Chapters Indigo. I picked up several festive serving plates, napkins, as well as these incredibly cute pumpkin soup bowls. I used the larger sized one as my centerpiece vase. I so adore them!
4. Sweets & Treats: While your guests are awaiting for the big turkey reveal, be sure to have plenty of sweets and treats to hold them over. I picked up a bag of sweet caramel glazed popcorn from Bloor Street Market.
5. After Dinner Coffee: A cup of coffee after a big meal sure does the trick. Starbucks offers many great coffee and accessories and also makes great hostess gifts! I particularly love the stainless steel faceted copper mug!
6. Home Scent: I mentioned earlier, when you think Thanksgiving, you think about the decadent scents of pumpkins and apples. A perfect way to bring in these flavors is through scented candles. William Ashley offers a wide variety of scented candles that are perfect for your festive dinner!
What big plans do you have for Thanksgiving this year?
If you happen to stop by Manulife Centre, be sure to tag #BloorandBetter and show me what you’re shopping for!