For those of you who have tried Peking Duck before, you know just how delicious the combination of crispy duck skin, tender duck meat alongside with hoisin sauce, green onions and a soft, slightly sweetened flour pancake is. For those of you who haven’t tried, stop what you’re doing and make a reservation at your nearest fancy (or not so fancy) traditional Chinese restaurant and order this dish, you won’t regret it.
I love Peking Duck. It’s certainly not an ordinary dish we prepare at home, nor would I ever attempt to, it’s reserved for special occasions. With a craving for Peking Duck last weekend, I decided to tackle a knock off and modern version of this well celebrated Chinese dish in my very own kitchen. And so with the help of McCain® Superfries®, Peking Duck Fries was born!
This is a super easy recipe to #MODIFRY your typical frozen bag of fries from a side dish to a center stage meal option!
- One bag of McCain® Superfries® – I used the Crinkle Cut
- Half a roasted duck – you can purchase this from a Chinese BBQ restaurant. Ask for a half duck and no need to slice or cut.
- Garnish – carrots, green onions
- Hoisin Sauce
- Prepare fries by following instructions on the bag
- Remove the duck meat and skin from bones and discard bones
- Shred duck meat and skin, set aside
- Cut green onions and carrots, set aside
- When fries are ready, arrange into dishes as desired and stack layers of duck and garnish for each
- Finish off with a drizzle of hoisin sauce
I hope you enjoyed this simple yet fun recipe and I’d love to see how you would use McCain® #Superfries to elevate your next meal! Be sure to check out other Modifry™ recipes and follow along hashtag #Superfries and #MODIFRY to see more cheeky creations!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by McCain Foods Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of McCain Foods Canada.