If you’re following along on Instagram, you all know how much I love latte art. Since I’ve started my partnership with NESPRESSO as a member of their Coffee Connoisseur Club, I’ve been meaning to attempt my hand at crafting a cup of my own. Needless to say, after observing the local baristas perform this very skillful mastery and watching countless YouTube videos, I’ve yet to succeed at these wonderful little creations.
So, what does a DIY-er such as myself do next?! Hack it!
I decided to forgo the traditional methods of latte art (don’t hate me baristas!), and used a couple of lettering stencils I had to create my own version of DIY Monogram Latte Art. What do you think?! Keep reading for instructions!
What You Will Need:
- Home coffee brewing system, I used my NESPRESSO Prodigio machine
- one espresso capsule per cup
- Cinnamon Sugar (or you can also use Cinnamon Spice/Powder or Chocolate Powder is also a great option)
- Milk Frother (I love the Aeroccino)
- Lettering Stencils (you can also make your own!)
- Brew espresso using the long cup option
- Froth milk following instructions for milk frother
- Pour milk and place in 2-3 teaspoonful of froth into each cup
- Using a knife, carefully smooth out froth creating a flat white surface
- Carefully position stencil just above the cup (try not to touch), you may need to hold onto the stencil
- Sprinkle sugar/powder on top of stencil
And there you have it!
Though this ain’t the real deal, but for those of you who may be interested in trying these, it’s a fun and unexpected way to surprise your guest after dinner! Hope you enjoyed this simple latte art hack. And though I have not yet succeed, I am determined that I WILL one day learn it the right way!
Any of you baristas out there want to give me a proper lesson?! 😉
<< Be sure to check out more of my coffee recipes >>