I can’t believe it’s September! September acts as a reminder that the cooler months are approaching, and that in no time the Fall season and the great things that come along with it (i.e. warm apple pies, hot cocoa, and cable knit sweaters) will be upon us. As much as I enjoy the beautiful colours and coziness of Fall, a part of me is just not quite ready for the Summer to end.
To hold onto the heat for just a little bit longer, I decided to stir up this refreshing Iced Mint Coffee beverage to celebrate the last days of Summer with NESPRESSO’s two new limited edition capsules infused with the sweet flavours of Strawberry Mint leaves harvested from my potted herb garden.
Read more for this simple recipe and learn more about the NESPRESSO Limited Edition capsules.
In late July, I had the opportunity to attend the Coupe Rogers in Montreal with the NESPRESSO team to sample Cafezinho do Brasil and Tinto de Colombia. Cafezinho do Brasil offers a high intensity (9 of 10 intensity level) and it’s inspired by Brazilians’ love of their cafezinho. It is a pleasantly bitter blend displaying unusual herbal notes reminiscent of thyme or rosemary.
If you’re looking for a lighter roast, Tinto de Colombia has an intensity level of 3 and exhibits a well-rounded and silky texture with delicate buttery bread notes with hints of floral and dark berry aroma.
I thought both of these blends were good candidates for my Iced Mint Coffee recipe as the strawberry mint exhibits both a herb and floral flavor that complements both options. I guess it’ll all depend on what intensity level you desire!
What You Will Need:
- 2 VertuoLine capsules Cafezinho do Brasil or 3 OriginalLine capsules Tinto de Colombia (brewed as long cup )
- fresh sprigs of mint, I used fresh strawberry mint
- milk or alternative (frothing optional)
- simple syrup
- Prepare simple syrup by mixing water with sugar and infuse with sprigs of fresh mint over medium heat and set aside ahead of time to cool
- Brew 2 cups of coffee from NESPRESSO machine, I used 2 VertuoLine coffee capsules
- By following instructions of your Aeoroccino Milk Frother, froth milk using cold settings
- Add in milk, simple syrup into brewed coffee as desired, topped with froth (optional)
- Serve over ice and garnish with additional mint
Be sure to check out more of my coffee recipes: “Homemade Coffee Ice Cream” | “Sprinkle Affogato“
Connect with Me!