Happy New Year! I’ve been meaning to greet you with this post for the last few days but I’ve been working really hard on trying to get my new blog site up and running. Soon, you’ll be seeing me with a new look. I’m very excited to tackle 2014 with a fresh look! So … forgive me for being a few days behind!
2013 was a great year for me. Turning 30, buying a new home, meeting my new born nephew, the list goes on. But THANK YOU for making my first full year of blogging a fantastic one. Without your continued support and readership, I would not be motivated to continue writing and creating magical DIY moments. In 2014, I hope there will be countless opportunities to make this blog BIGGER, and BETTER!
I thought I’d wrap up 2013 with a “Best of” list. I’ve carefully compiled my favourite moments and some of the best things I’ve encountered over the last year, I hope you’ll find some time to give some of my recommendations a try!
1. My most viewed DIY project was by far the Heart Print Denim.
2. Best place to find DIY projects all in one place is craftgawker.
5. The best piece of DIY advice I can give is: If you’re fixated on perfection, DIY may not be a good option for you. But if you don’t try, you’ll never know if you have the talent to make your inspirations into reality.
1. My most favourited bag of the year is my cobalt blue 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel in Medium size (black version here). It’s the perfect size and the leather is super durable. I don’t feel so bad tossing my laptop in there.
2. The best place to find statement jewelry without breaking the bank is from The Dancing Jewels. A great selection of inspired pieces at a fraction of the price.
3. My go-to place to shop in Zara and J.Crew but I’ve come to love shopping online at Persunmall. Although shipping generally takes 15 days, I can always find items at fraction of the price (and best yet, many Zara, Topshop, ASOS inspired pieces).
4. My most memorable “Fashion” moments in 2013 were a) meeting Aimee from Song of Style during her capsule collection launch with eLuxe, b) attending Toronto’s World Mastercard Fashion Week, and c) having a little photo shoot with Jenna of Refinery for Manitobah Mukluk with Lotus Leaf Style.
5. My most pinned outfit on Pinterest.
Lifestyle & Travel
1. The best thing in life you can’t buy. Shortly after the birth of my second nephew, Connor, he was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. We went through a few rough patches, but words can’t describe how much joy Connor has brought to our entire family. His birth and diagnosis has taught me so much and it has completely changed my perspective on life.
2. The best way to spend a 30th birthday is at the Magic Fountain of Montjuic, followed by an decadent 7 course tasting dinner at Con Gracia (ranked #6 of 5000+ on TripAdvisor) in Barcelona, Spain. I would not change one thing about that day.
3. Spend lots of time with the people that matter.
4. See as many houses you need until you find the one you (and your other half) LOVE. We saw over 50 houses and so glad we waited until we found the one we love.
5. If you own a DSLR, it’s 100% worthwhile to take a photography class.
Food & Drink
1. The best way to cook an egg is to submerge it into cold water, let the water boil, take it off the heat, and then set it in for 6 mins. Perfection.
2. My best cookie recipe EVER.
3. My favourite Toronto restaurants: Best Izakaya – Kingyo, Best Ramen – Santouka for pork base soup, and Rajin for chicken base soup, Best for Tacos – La Carnita, Best for tons of house wine – Gusto101, Best burgers – Burger Priest, Best brunch – Bonjour Brioche, Best ice cream sandwich – Moo Milk Bar, Best pork bun – Momofuku Noodle Bar, Best fried chicken – Guu Izakaya, Best Pizza – Queen Margherita.
4. There is always space for a doughnut when they’re from Glazed and Infused.
Ok! Now that I’ve completed my 2013 round-up, I’m ready for you 2014! This year, I resolve to laugh more, read more, enjoy every moment, take on every opportunity, work harder, and make every relationship count.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
Connect with Me!