Brides spend so much effort planning out their beauty routine for the wedding day, I know I did! But what about the grooms?! The special guy in your life most definitely also need some TLC ahead of the big day. Whether you’re planning your own wedding or helping out a friend, be sure to add a special “Groom’s Day” on your wedding planning checklist. I guarantee the groom would be very appreciative and feel extra special leading up to the big day!
When I was planning out my day prior and day of beauty schedule, i.e. nails, facial, hair, makeup, I also suggested for Kyle to set aside time to get pampered before saying “I do”. The several weeks lead up to our wedding day (hard to believe it’s been two months!), I added a few extra goodies and regimens to his routine.
Read further for some suggestions on pampering your guy for the big day!
- Introduce skincare products targeted to his skincare needs one-two months prior to the big day – I highly recommend the Dermalogica daily microfoliant (perfect for removing dead cells) and Dermalogica clearing mattifier (fights oiliness and shine).
- Spoil him with a few new grooming tools – I personally gifted Kyle a brand new Philips Shaver Series 9000, he was using a shaver that he had for over 10 years, it was definitely time for an upgrade.
- Schedule a facial two weeks prior to wedding day, better yet join him for one – this is great to get his skin photo ready!
- Book a haircut appointment one-two weeks prior to wedding day
- Find time to enjoy a couple’s massage together the week of the wedding – this is a perfect time to relax!
- Arrange a fancy shave the morning of the wedding – bonus points for inviting his groomsmen and best man to join in, helps calms his nerves too!
Kyle really enjoyed being pampered leading up to the wedding and also loved the new Philips shaver I gifted him! If you’re looking for a gift for that special man in your life, I recommend a this practical option. Not that I know anything about shavers, but Kyle has indicated that this 9000 Series shaver provides a very close shave, moves in eight different directions to follow the contour of his face, and also comes with a fancy automatic cleaning device.
Be sure to make a Groom’s Day CheckList for your hubs-to-be! He’ll love it!