Happy Friday friends! What better way to kick off the weekend then with a deliciously beautiful cocktail? I love sangrias. The combined flavours of red wine, assorted berries and citrus fruits is just absolutely tantalizing. I admit that I am no cocktail connoisseur, but from time to time, I’ve successfully managed to prepare a few crowd-pleasing cocktails by throwing a few unexpected ingredients together.
This DIY Campari cocktail was inspired by my adoration for sangrias. I used the slight bitterness of Campari and blood oranges as my base (similar to red wine) and added a few of my favourite things.
Read further to see the recipe on how to create this Campari Sangria cocktail to jump start your weekend!
What You Will Need:
- Sparkling Water, I used San Pellegrino
- Champagne, I used Moet
- Blood Oranges (or any type of citrus fruit, grapefruits are currently in season), sliced and juiced
- Assorted berries such as strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Pre-wash berries, cut up fruits and set aside
- Place ice into glass/tumblers
- Combine one part Campari and champagne
- Add 1/2 part blood orange juice
- Top glass with sparkling water
- Dress with fruits as desired
I hope you’ll take the time to sit back, relax while sipping on a cocktail (or two) this weekend!
What is your cocktail of choice?!
A special thanks to ARTIESE Fine Art Photography for capturing these gorgeous photos and allowing me to serve up a delicious cocktail just in time for the weekend!
Photography: ARTIESE Fine Art Photography
Set Design and DIY: My Little Secrets
This looks so beautiful and delish! I definitely will be making it. P.S. I love your blog! So glad I found it 🙂