DIY :: Sheer (Pantyhose) Top
I've been eyeing all the sheer tops and skirts I've been seeing in magazines and all over the runway. After a little bit of research on Pinterest, I was inspired by to make this DIY Sheer (Pantyhose) Top, I admit, I'm not the first to try this!
This honestly took me less than 5 minutes, only a couple of snips with my scissors and the results were totally unexpected!
I honestly LOVE the way this crop sheer top turned out and I can think of a few other versions - polka dots? Please Pin and share with others!
- A pair of black sheer tights - 20 Denier yield great results, also try to get a pair that DOES NOT have a control top. I also opted for larger size (from a usual small to a medium)
1. Layer and line up the tight legs on top of one another.
2. Cut straight at the ankle position.
3. Lay the tights flat on working surface and split the tight legs apart and flat.
4. Cut around the gusset of the tights. I suggest a smaller cut than a bigger as you can always cut more.
5. Flip around upside down and this is where you will put your head through!
Layer on top of a tank or layer under a slouchy top!
I really hope you try this one! Just be gentle when you put this top on or taking off, afterall they are sheer pantyhose! Also, depending on how high waisted the tights are, this top will be slightly cropped.
I am dying to try a knit version from a pair of winter knit tights to create a crop sweater or using a pair of pantyhose with a red line down the back of the legs, would look so great a line on the sleeves! Oh my, it's endless.
As always, if you like my work, then I'd love to hear from you!
x natalie x